Not many people know that I handled my late father’s communications agency for six years starting in 2002 when I was 22 years of age as the MD and dealing directly with top corporate heads far older and experienced, training and leading employees older than me …. even teaching as guest faculty at a management institute. Spiritual service always felt much better. Eight years ago I started Magick store. Before that I had already started Tarot India Network and trained many people in meditation, tarot and healing. I juggled the two sides of my life for years…but to start a spiritual store and Wiccan temple in Mumbai meant I had to dedicate time and be there for people personally and full time in the spiritual world. At the peak of my corporate career, I suddenly decided to let go in 2008. I literally left the old me behind and started all over again, financially, mentally and spiritually creating something out of nothing.
Letting go is easy when you are spiritual, whatever be the temptation, whatever be the attachment to the past you, its a spiritual calling that takes over. Its true that I took almost nothing with me except myself when I began Magick because I wanted to begin totally afresh…and it worked out within a month returning to me much more than what I expected. It added much to my career, whether it was fame or prosperity, the universe just handed over everything to me as usual, and I am grateful as ever. Whether it was my own radio show or TV show, numerous features in leading newspapers or profiling in top magazines, the response of India to this tiny store was amazingly positive and divine.
Within year of Magick I had made so many new friends and had served so many new people that starting Global Wicca Tradition and teaching its courses was just natural. People simply demanded that I initiate them into my own spiritual tradition. Global Wicca is founded on Wiccan values, even though it is not just any other Wiccan tradition. The values of this spiritual tradition are the inner Self and not just outer nature, self-realization and not just religious rituals, enlightenment and not just the craft. Its a fusion of global spirituality and not just western paganism or eastern spirituality.
Evolving continually as usual, I am now in London…beginning a new phase and focusing on the next stage of my life, one of motherhood and meditation, writing and passing on my experiences and knowledge to the new generation through Global Wicca which is now shifting base to London. Writing books is perhaps the best way to allow the sacred knowledge to reach out to all those who deserve it. My focus has shifted and so has my location.
What I am most grateful for is that Magick in Mumbai was the first but not the only Wiccan spiritual store in India…many more were inspired to start new stores and begin temples. The rituals and healing energy sent to earth from Magick was felt and experienced by many more people than I can think of. People learnt and began new stores and temples all around me. Magick was revolutionary and it started a new era of Wiccan awareness in India.
I do understand that a store like Magick at 16th road Bandra west, Mumbai, which still miraculously runs amazingly well with me far away in London for the last over three years, would at this point need someone local to own it and manage it with full dedication. Someone who has the knowledge, the wisdom, the sincerity and love for Magick. Everything is smooth and easy for the right person. Its an opportunity for me to pass on the baton to someone who can do even better and achieve even more. We now also have an amazon.in storefront of Magick. Serving people is a blessing and if spirituality is your calling you need to put both your feet into it…not worry about how you will run it…how you will manifest the money or success without the safety and security of corporate income…you know someone did it before you and so can you!
The advise I will give to to my successors is:
- You deserve to be happy, healthy, secure and well off. Spirituality is not about sacrifice. Spirituality means there is always enough for you and everyone else.
- No-one loses and everyone wins. There is no room for competition, negativity, jealousy, envy, hatred, superiority, anger or malice in spirituality.
- Harm none and do as you will. Spiritual power = spiritual responsibility. Anyone who attempts using power harmfully loses power instantly.
- Do not be in fear …regarding how will you make money in the spiritual field…regarding how you will find balance between family and spirituality. Everything is possible and you have it in you.
- Do not be ashamed to be in a spiritual business. The world needs more spiritual people who are successful…those who can show that it is possible to have peace, love, health, wealth, fame and power…all while remaining loving, compassionate, positive and honest.
- Do not be afraid of your inner power. The world needs powerful people who know that real power is within.
- Money is not everything. If money was the goal then starting a fast food store would be a better idea in the world of consumerism….yet people like us choose to focus on spiritual work because self-realization is the most important objective.
- Do not hide. We need to unite our material and spiritual world as one, without hiding or obscuring our spiritual truth any further. We need to show how to use everything in a spiritual way, whether it is the energy of your home or workplace, fashion or romance, everything can be infused with spiritual awareness. Magick means that spiritual peace can be felt in everything and everyone right now.
- Spiritual work is the best way to heal and improve everything and to bring the world together into a new light of self-realization. Love what you do!