The cycles of time and celestial tides are here to guide us again, this time to banish or end all things you consider negative in your life! While on 3rd of June Saturn is fully illuminated, 4th of June is a Saturday named after Saturn, and an amavasya or no-moon night that is usually believed to be great for ending of anything unwanted, 5th of June is the annual Shani Jayanti dedicated to the planetary lord Saturn – the god of limitations and endings. Here is how you can align yourself with the natural cycles of the universe in mind, body and spirit this weekend:
- DIG IT OUT: Introspect after meditating, let your deeper thoughts surface upwards, know your fears and you will be able to erase them soon. Being positive is not a cover-up job of hiding negativity or glossing over it. Being positive is a real inner transformation which you can do only with great strength and self-confidence. Delve into your unconscious and try to really face all those things you considered negative. These could be fears you have regarding your life, fears concerning your future, guilts about your past, regrets and sorrows, old pain and hurt, anger or anything else that should not be around any more. For those of you who think about the rest of the universe too – all those things about the world that made you sad, angry, fearful or worried. Write them down with BLACK ink on white paper. This way you are symbolically bringing out all those deeply buried negative emotions that were unwantedly controlling your life. Now you are in-fact gaining power over them with this simple act of writing them down. The colour black is connected to Saturn and symbolises endings.
- ASSERT YOUR POWER: At this point of time you are no longer someone who fears. You are aware that you and only you are in-charge of your life as an enlightened being. As With-In So With-Out! This is a truth of the universe that there is nothing that can happen outside which is not inside your mind already, especially your unconscious. Those people who merely think positive are often unable to achieve their goals because they have not done the deeper work of releasing the negative emotional blocks and negative beliefs they carried inside them all their life and possibly several lifetimes. Now with the awareness of what you feared and enlisting them all out, you have taken a major step towards really being powerful. Know that you are the single most powerful person in your YOUniverse who can NOW change everything for the better. As you are your own universe in the process of remaking, you know that Saturn is part of you – the power you have to end what you must so that something better can replace it. Affirm ‘I am the MOST powerful person in my universe and I choose to change these things right now’
- CONNECT WITH YOUR INNER SATURN: Within you lies the great and glorious master who can both transform the negative and manifest the positive. Your transformational power is symbolised by Saturn. Those rings around the planet remind you of the power you have to keep everything in careful control. You can limit whatever is in excess, whether it be a habit or addiction, a pattern that was negative or anything that was self-limiting. The planet is just a sign or symbol in divination that brings you back to your inner self. Its power is your inner power. The yantra below will help you connect with your inner Saturn. Focus upon it for a few minutes while repeating ‘Om Shanicharaye Namaha!’ and know Saturn to be a part of you.
- SAY NO TO THE UNWANTED: The powers within you are at their peak and it is impossible for any negative energy to remain in your life from now onwards. You are consciously choosing to let go of all the unwanted. Firmly assert this by crossing out the negative things you wrote earlier in your list with black ink to mark their logical end. This means that they are no longer having any energy or power in your life. They have been cancelled out and released for good.
- LET IT GO: As a sign that you have released the unwanted out of your system, you can now safely burn to ashes and flush away the crossed out sheet as if a heavy load has been taken away from you right now. Do this with conviction without any shred of doubt. Be eco-friendly in disposal and know that everything is being transformed by nature to something more useful in the process.
- CLEANSE AND CLEAR: Letting go is complete only if you feel it from within. Your inner mind and soul will feel and know the difference. To make it real try smudging using incense, herbs such as sage or aromas that feel refreshing and cleansing to you. Diffuse this around you and on your body. Clean up your home, office,garden and every corner that felt clogged or blocked. Fix up or throw away gadgets and things that were unuseful. Clear up your desk and papers. You will know the value of this exercise in the form of increased prosperity, better health and peace of mind very soon.
- TRANSFORMATION: For each of the negative thing you have released and removed from your life, think of what you must now replace them with. Allow for a few days to feel the refreshing changes coming into your life as you have just released the negativity. In those days make a new list this time with red ink on white paper, thinking positive thoughts only and focusing on those worthy goals that make you truly happy with no doubt that they bring you only good. Red is the colour of life and vitality. Keep this positive list somewhere where safe where you can return later to refer to them and note your progress in the coming days, weeks or months. Know that each of your positive goals will manifest as and when the time is right.
- GIVE THANKS: All things whether negative or positive were here in your life as a reminder of those deeply buried and repressed ideas or beliefs in your unconscious mind. You were here to heal and transform yourself and everything you saw and encountered in your journey in each lifetime was here to help you remember and heal. This Shani Jayanti is a good time to thank the universe for all these experiences that have helped you discover and rediscover yourself. You can give thanks to Saturn by offering sweets made of black til, donating black clothing or blankets, feeding black animals such as crows or black dogs and offering poojas or rituals to Saturn in temples dedicated to this planet as a symbolic thanks to this specific power. Doing these rituals mechanically is often unuseful but with awareness and self-realization their power is truly felt. Blessed Be! Swati Prakash is a spiritual author and can be followed onwww.amazon.com/author/swatiprakash